Tuesday 3 March 2009

A Fair Trial And Hang 'Em

So, the other day I heard Harriet Harman say the following;

"Sir Fred should not be counting on being £650,000 a year better off as a result of this because it's not going to happen. The prime minister has said it's not acceptable and, therefore, it will not be accepted. And it might be enforceable in a court of law, this contract, but it's not enforceable in the court of public opinion and that's where the government steps in."


Which caused me to leap to my feet in a mixture of astonishment and vein-throbbing rage. It also led to me knocking a rather delicious piece of Jamaican ginger cake upon which I'd been nibbling onto the floor. Even accounting for the 5-second rule, the stickiness of the cake meant it quickly picked up a coating of carpet and suspicious-looking hairs rendering it inedible.
Now, I'm not sure that Harman has actually broken any actual laws in making me drop my cake, but in the court of public opinion round my house, she's a cake-destroying bastard who ought to pay for her actions. And as public opinion seems to be on it's way to becoming, ironically enough, legally binding, I shall look forward with interest to her show trial.

No comments: